[Mailman-Users] Still can't get new installition to deliver mail

George Cohn gwcohn at bblabs.net
Mon Mar 17 04:13:01 CET 2003

I'm running Mailman 2.0.13 with Postfix 1.1.11 on RH 8.

Everything works in Mailman now except it still won't deliver a message
to the subscribers (me) if I post a message.

What I am getting back is this:

Final-Recipient: rfc822; members at jcsaz.com
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; Command died with status 1:
    "/var/mailman/scripts/post members". Command output: Traceback (most
    call last):   File "/var/mailman/scripts/post", line 94, in ?
    File "/var/mailman/scripts/post", line 89, in main
    tolist=1)   File "/var/mailman/Mailman/Message.py", line 176, in
    dbfp = Utils.open_ex(dbfile, 'w')   File
    line 601, in open_ex     fd = os.open(filename, flags, perms)
    [Errno 13] Permission denied:

I am guessing that that last line is actually the message ID but somehow
it can't be opened because of permissions problems?

Anybody have some clues?

George Cohn