[Mailman-Users]

Matt Minahan matt at minahangroup.com
Mon Mar 17 20:03:30 CET 2003

Dear Mailfolks,

         I'm using Mm 2.1.1 and I have two questions about trapping
filtered messages.

The FAQ for Mm suggests putting content-type filters on the Privacy -->
spam page; I would have thought that the Content Filtering page would have
been a better place.  These are the filters suggested at the FAQ page:

content-type: .*octet
content-type: .*oda
content-type: .*audio
content-type: .*image
content-type: .*alternative
content-type: .*digest
content-type: .*mixed
content-type: .*related
content-type: .*rich
content-type: .*html
content-type: .*video

Q1: is one place better than the other and why so?

And, when messages trip the Content-filter trap, the sender receives a very
cryptic: The message's content type was explicitly disallowed

When messages trip the Filters --> Spam trap, the sender receives a
somewhat friendlier, but still unhelpful:

Your mail to 'Odnet-test2' with the subject

     small again

The reason it is being held:

     Message has a suspicious header

notification of the moderator's decision.  If you would like to cancel

Q2: are these messages editable?  And, if so, what are they called and
where can I find them?

Thanks for your help.

                 Matt Minahan, Ed.D

Organization Strategy,  Design, and  Development
http://www.minahangroup.com   Ph:  301-625-0101
email:matt at minahangroup.com   Fx:  301-625-0202