[Mailman-Users] Unable to purge corrupt address

Chuq Von Rospach chuqui at plaidworks.com
Mon Mar 17 21:15:21 CET 2003

This gave me an idea, since I had a list with a binary email address
(how? add_members of a directory instead of a file in the directory.
oops).

Here's what I did:
	dumpdb config.db

	this gave me the "\x00\x0c\x....." version of the string.

I cut and pasted that into a quickie perl script:

	#! /usr/bin/perl
	print "\x00\x0c\x......."

	% foo > foo.out

I used that file with remove_members:

	% remove_members -f foo.out <listname>

and it removed the address for me just fine. By dumping the binary into
a file and then using -f, it avoids running the binary through the
shell, which is a Bad Thing, so remove_members works on it.

--
Chuq Von Rospach, Architech
chuqui at plaidworks.com -- http://www.plaidworks.com/chuqui/blog/