[Mailman-Users] creating lists from web interface

Kyle Banerjee kyle.banerjee at state.or.us
Tue Mar 18 21:42:22 CET 2003

         We just installed version 2.1.1 and I can't figure out how to make
the web interface for creating new lists fully functional. The list gets
created just fine, but the aliases are not. As a result, any message sent
to the list (or the -owner, -request, etc addresses) gets a "User unknown
in local recipient" error.

         Our postfix installation does not have an alias map to any files
in the mailman hierarchy, but I also didn't notice any files in the mailman
hierarchy that I could map to

         We can create lists from the command line just fine, but we'd like
to make the web interface work so that we can allow people to create lists
without giving shell access at the same time or writing some kludge script
to modify aliases and run newaliases. What do I need to do to make this
happen? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

kyle

Kyle Banerjee
Oregon State Library
250 Winter ST