[Mailman-Users] problem with message subjects

Stephan Berndts stb-mm at spline.de
Thu Mar 20 19:50:59 CET 2003

Hi Dallas,

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 09:28:06AM -0800, Dallas Bethune wrote:
> Has anyone seen this problem before? :
Yes. With german lists.

No, it's because the subject was MIME-encoded.

> How does Mailman figure out how to remove the extra subject stuff?
Mailman looks if the list-prefix is present and, if not, appends it.
As your subject contains a non-us-ascii character (the "í"), the
subject was encoded and Mailman, as it does not decode the subject,
thought that the prefix wasn't there.

> Any help for me?  Will Mailman 2.1 take care of this better?
I'm having problems with MM2.1 as well.

Stephan
--
"Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained
through understanding." -- Albert Einstein