[Mailman-Users] problem with message subjects

Stephan Berndts stb-mm at spline.de
Thu Mar 20 19:50:59 CET 2003

Hi Dallas,

On Thu, Mar 20, 2003 at 09:28:06AM -0800, Dallas Bethune wrote:
> Has anyone seen this problem before? :
Yes. With german lists.

No, it's because the subject was MIME-encoded.

> How does Mailman figure out how to remove the extra subject stuff?
Mailman looks if the list-prefix is present and, if not, appends it.
As your subject contains a non-us-ascii character (the "í"), the
subject was encoded and Mailman, as it does not decode the subject,
thought that the prefix wasn't there.

> Any help for me?  Will Mailman 2.1 take care of this better?
I'm having problems with MM2.1 as well.

"Peace cannot be achieved through violence, it can only be attained
through understanding." -- Albert Einstein