[Mailman-Users] Mailmanctl probelm

Bob Franklin r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk
Thu Mar 20 20:12:35 CET 2003

On Thu, 20 Mar 2003, Kory Wheatley wrote:

> I just upgraded to mailman 2.1.1 from mailman 2.0.13. The lists and
> everything converted fine and the web server displays everything
> properly. The problem I'm having is when I startup "mailmanctl" I get
> the following error "Site list is missing mailman".  What is configured
> wrong to cause this error.

It's the list which password reminders and other periodic things are sent
out as.  You can override it with MAILMAN_SITE_LIST in your mm_cfg.py file
- but you still need a list for this.

Just make a new list called 'mailman' and it will all work (e.g. 'newlist
mailman mailman-owner at yoursite.com N-E-OPwd').

What I'm unsure about is what should be done with this list - should it be
configured in a certain way or whatever?  I guess it's just required so
Mailman can have a valid sending address and can capture bounces, etc. in
the usual way.

  - Bob

--
 Bob Franklin <r.c.franklin at reading.ac.uk>          +44 (0)118 378 6630
 Systems and Communications, IT Services, The University of Reading, UK