[Mailman-Users] Mailman Install Problem

Michael Arena marena at magnatechonline.com
Thu Mar 20 21:44:36 CET 2003

Hello,
I am having trouble getting Mailman setup on my Redhat 8.0 machine. I'm
using Python version 2.2.1. I got most of it set up except the archived
messages part. I can admin lists, create lists, and add users to lists but
cannot view archives and Apache keeps giving me a "Symbolic link not
allowed." I followed all the instructions but it doesnt seem to be working.
I added all the following lines to my httpd.conf file as well and still no
good.
********Begin code********************
Alias /pipermail/ "/var/mailman/archives/public/"
<Directory "/var/mailman/archives/public">
    AllowOverride None
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>

What groups and owners do all the files under /var/mailman/cgi-bin have to
belong to? Do they have to have the same owners/groups as the symbolic links
do?

Thanks for any help you can give,
Mike