[Mailman-Users] Mailmanctl probelm

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Sat Mar 22 06:46:44 CET 2003

On Thu, 2003-03-20 at 14:12, Bob Franklin wrote:

> What I'm unsure about is what should be done with this list - should it be
> configured in a certain way or whatever?  I guess it's just required so
> Mailman can have a valid sending address and can capture bounces, etc. in
> the usual way.

Right, and Mailman knows what the site list is (well, you tell it in
MAILMAN_SITE_LIST -- defaulting to "mailman") so it knows to handle
bounces to the list in a special way.

As for how to configure the list, nothing special is necessary, but may
be desired.  In particular, you want to subscribe yourself to the list,
and set a few privacy options.  You don't want others to subscribe to
your list, etc.

I've put together a suggested configuration template which I'll
distribute with Mailman 2.1.2.  I'll attach it below so you can take a
look at it.  Install it with config_list.

-Barry