[Mailman-Users] Setup an announce list

Rod Neep rod at neep.demon.co.uk
Mon Mar 24 05:35:49 CET 2003

In message <21560656.20030317121502 at earthlink.net>, ghhalley
<ghhalley at earthlink.net> writes
>I found the answer off of the Mailman FAQ search engine.  I am in the
>process of implementing this solution.  Below is the link to the
>question 3.11

Hmmm.... OK. I am trying to do the same thing:
create an announcement list.

The FAQ refers to the following:

   Set the member_moderation_action to Reject and add a nice rejection
   notice text to the following text box.  Say something like "this is
   an announcement list, to reach the band, please email band at dom.ain"

   Set the generic_nonmember_action to Reject or Discard.

Those options do not appear to be available in version 2.0.13 (which is
the latest downloadable version of Mailman).

I have no problem with the other settings in the configuration, but it
would be nice to be able to (nicely) auto-reject posts to the list by
those not specified.

Rod Neep