[Mailman-Users] Help with import questions

Adam Boettiger boettiger at pobox.com
Mon Mar 24 06:05:36 CET 2003

I have a few questions and spent some time in the archives but didn't find
them, so hoping someone can help:

1. There is no mention that I can see in the admin guide for how to import a
mailing list that is a discussion list, with both digest and 'mail'
subscribers, and maintain delivery settings.

I have two lists ready to import.  I imported the list of addresses that had
individual post delivery settings.  Then I went into general preferences and
changed the default to "All new subscribers in digest format".  Then I
imported the list of subscribers who were in digest delivery.

Unfortunately, it did not take and everyone was imported in individual post
mode.  So the first thing I need to know is how to remove everyone so I can
reimport.  Is there a way to unsubscribe everyone from a list or is the
easiest thing going to be just deleting the list and regenerating it?

2. How does one delete a list from the command line?

3. How does one import a list of addresses that are to be in a specified
delivery format - either digest or individual messages?

4. I had a lot of problems finding answers in the archives for this list,
largely due to navigation.  I'm wondering if there is perhaps a usenet
newsgroup feed for this list or another mailman newsgroup?

Thanks in advance for any help.

AB