[Mailman-Users] upgrade problem

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Tue Mar 25 16:00:33 CET 2003

At 12:37 25/03/2003, Mozzi wrote:
>Hi all
>I upgraded mailman to 2.1.1 and get the following error
>
>sh: /home/mailman/mail/wrapper: No such file or directory
>554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 127
>
>I kept the install directory /home/mailman
>

>Tnx
>
>Mozzi

Mailman 2.1.1 installs a file, the mail delivery security wrapper, at
$exec-prefix/mail/wrapper. If you have taken the defaults then
$exec-prefix/mail/wrapper is also $prefix/mail/wrapper, by default
/home/mailman/mail/wrapper.

If that file not present, which is what the error message says, then you
need to review and possibly redo your installation of 2.1.1, checking for
errors and warnings during the ./configure and make install