[Mailman-Users] Re: Disabling Passwords

Larry Hansford lhansfor at lch-assoc.com
Thu Mar 27 02:05:46 CET 2003

At 07:28 PM 3/26/2003, you wrote:
>I am using Mailman V 2.0
>

>I want to know how I can disable the need for a new subscriber to create
>password. I think the subscribers are going to find it quite annoying that
>they have to create a password for our newsletter. They should just have
>subscribe and unsubscribe options...

I use v2.1.1, and have a lot of lists set up as "Newsletter" style, and
none of the users are given passwords.  Since I don't allow archiving of
the newsletters, and they don't want/need to go to the web page to change
their settings, they are subscribed and unsubscribed without notices being
sent to the members.

Larry