[Mailman-Users] Start mailman on bootup?

Thomas Hillson hillson at iastate.edu
Fri Mar 28 15:01:48 CET 2003

Richard,

It is simple just read the INSTALL file in with the install files.

This is the excerpt from it.

       If you want to start Mailman every time you reboot your system,
       and your OS supports the chkconfig command (e.g. RedHat and
       Mandrake Linuxes) you can simply do the following (as root, from
       the Mailman install directory):

           % cp scripts/mailman /etc/init.d/mailman
           % chkconfig --add mailman

       (Note that /etc/init.d may be /etc/rc.d/init.d on some systems.)

       On Debian, you probably want to use

           % update-rc.d mailman defaults

       instead of chkconfig.

       For Unixes that don't support chkconfig, simply copy
       scripts/mailman as above:

           % cp scripts/mailman /etc/init.d/mailman

It is in Section for of the INSTALL file.

Cheers,

--
--Tom