[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1 setup problem

mcobb mcobb at cobbcomm.com
Mon Mar 31 18:57:09 CEST 2003

Yes, I did.

The problem was SMTPHost and port was not in mm_cfg.py.
Once I added that everything started working. Dah!

I also had to revert back to Sendmail rather than postfix.
I'm running 1.11 Postfix on a RH8.0 machine. When mailman is
running, Postfix processes e-mail and it just begins to slow
down. I stop postfix and mailman and fire it back up. It starts
to work and does the same thing all over. No errors in /var/log
no errors in the mailman logs either. The test list has one
member and general e-mail is light. There are no indications
that the processes hung, died or puked. It simply just stops
handling e-mail. Sendmail seems to work well.

Mike