[Mailman-Users] Blank archives web page

Joe Hodge jhodge at aaas.org
Thu May 1 16:31:43 CEST 2003

I have been running Mailman 2.0.5 (out of date, I know) for a few years now, and have recently begun experiencing a problem with HTML archives.

I am using the built-in archiver, which has been quite satisfactory until now.  What has happened is that, for several of my lists, the index.html file in $prefix/archives/private/$listname has turnend blank.  There is no pattern to this that I can discern.  It is not happening specifically to the newest lists, or highest-volumn lists, or the oldest lists, or any other category I can find.

When I installed Mailman I set the ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX parameter in mm_cfg.py to "0" so that I would have HTML archives and not mbox archives.  This may have been a mistake, since I can not use "arch $listname" to rebuild the HTML from the mbox file.  Of course, I tried it anyway, and got:

"cannot open mbox file /usr/local/mailman/archives/private/sagemail.mbox/sagemail.mbox: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/usr/local/mailman/archives/private/sagemail.mbox/sagemail.mbox'"

...pretty much as expected.

My questions:

1.  Is there any way to programatically rebuild the HTML without the mbox file?

2.  Is there any way to programatically create an mbox file from the HTML, so that I could use "arch"?

3. Would an upgrade to 2.1x cause the archives to be rebuilt, fixing this?

4.  Any other ideas?

Joe
jhodge at aaas.org