[Mailman-Users] Changes to archive pages

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Fri May 2 02:51:44 CEST 2003

Richard Barrett wrote:
>>      So it does.  I assume that when one edits the public HTML pages
>> from the web interface it does a restart automatically?
>
>Being paranoid, I harbour a dark suspicion that it may not. But I'll take
>a look at the MM source code to what the situation is. I feel another
>patch or patch upgrade coming on.

      Well, my wife, who would not know what to do with an SSH window if
her life depended on it, has been rewriting the public HTML pages from the
web interface for two days - and her changes always show up immediately so
I'm pretty sure it'd covered somehow.  In fact, the first time you go to
edit one of those pages it's copied from templates to the correct location.

      On the other hand, adding a template to the list does not make it
editable with the web interface.  I tried substituting "article.html" for
"listinfo.html" in http://<server>/mailman/<listname>/listinfo.html to see
if it would automatically update, but I got "article.html: Invalid
template" for my troubles.  Ah well, would have been nice if it were that
easy.  Something more for me to learn on.

<>< Paul