[Mailman-Users] moving mailman...

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Sun May 4 20:35:58 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 11:58, Douglas King wrote:
> I am wanting to move the machines I am running Mailman on.  I currently am
> running Mailman version 2.0.10 along with our mail server.  I have built
> another box with Red Hat 9.0 on it with MM version 2.1 on it.  HOW can I
> export all the mail lists from one machine to the other.  Can it be done
> easily?  If so, please advise exactly what directories, files, etc. need to
> be moved to successfully accomplish this.
>
> Thanks

copy the ~mailman/lists/.. directory from the old machine to the new
machine.  Grab the archives as well if you wish (~mailman/archives/..).

Do a "~mailman/bin/check_perms" to make sure your rights didn't get
mucked up during the copy.

Do a "~mailman/bin/check_db <listname>" for each of the lists you just
moved over.  Mailman will update each list as you go and you will now
find a .pck file in each lists directory.

That should be all you need to do.

Good Luck - Jon Carnes