[Mailman-Users] "Uncaught bounce notification" for -admin addresses

Greg Westin python.org at gregwestin.com
Tue May 6 16:49:18 CEST 2003

> Tell me what you get when you do a:
>   ~mailman/bin/list_members mailman

I get the address that is listed for the administrator of the mailman
list.

> Also what happens if you take a message and save it to a file called
> test.eml and then feed it to your test list's admin:
>   su mailman
>   cat test.eml |/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman admin test
>
> If this works then the problem is in the aliases file (or postfix's
> interpretation of the alias).

This resulted in the same sort of bounce notification message as
before.  So I guess the aliases are OK.  Where else could the problem
be?  If this isn't happening on anyone else's system, it must be a
problem with the way I upgraded this server or something.  But again,
it also seems to be happening on another server I didn't upgrade.

Thanks again for helping to get to the bottom of this,

Greg
--
http://www.gregwestin.com
Contact info: http://www.gregwestin.com/contact.php