[Mailman-Users] Hotmail problem with Mailman 2.1.2

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Tue May 6 18:39:09 CEST 2003

On Tue, 6 May 2003, Sylvain Langlade wrote:
> Hotmail messages are text/html only, which means there is no text/plain
> version. When dealing with such a text/html only message, you end up with
> something full of emptiness.
>
> The only solution is to not use webmail client like Hotmail... Or have a
> html/plain converter included in a future Mailman release!

You can also use an external converter that can convert the HTML to
plain text.  Stripmime (http://www.phred.org/~alex/stripmime.html)
has some code which does this, although not always in the prettiest
way.  DeMIME also does it, and I believe they pipe through lynx for
the conversion, so the results might be nicer.  You can find a link
to DeMIME from the Stripmime webpage.

alex