[Mailman-Users] Problem with Date:-headers

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Tue May 6 19:00:40 CEST 2003

If you look at the mailman-users user archive at
http://mail.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users you will see clear evidence
of a problem in posting date handling by pipermail.

In the current May 2003 archive, Jon Carnes <jonc at nc.rr.com> response to
an original post from Stig Petterson <petterso at online.no> appears after
Stig's post on the date index for the archive not before it. I believe this
is caused by a bug in the pipermail archiver for which I have recently
posted a patch for MM 2.1.2, see:

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=732366&group_id=103&atid=100103

This may or may not be Stig's original problem but it is definitely a
problem for lists where people from different time zones are posting and
can give a false impression in the ordering of events on a list.