[Mailman-Users] Configuring Virtual Domains

Michael B Allen mba2000 at ioplex.com
Fri May 9 22:31:04 CEST 2003

Ok, well that worked. All instances of 'jim.com' are replaced with 'mike.com'.

But I still have one little problem. The subscription notifications
appear as follows:

  From: mailman-owner@%s.rosehosting.com
  To: mba2000 at ioplex.com
  Date: Fri, 09 May 2003 14:58:00 -0500
  Sender: libmba-admin at ioplex.com

  mballen at erols.com has been successfully subscribed to libmba.

The from line is wrong. The owner of the list is really libmba-owner. Also
the hostname should be ioplex.com. The rosehosting.com is domain of the
ISP. A reverse lookup of our IP actually yields vs365.rosehosting.com. Can
this be fixed? Is this what you are saying below?

I'm using postfix. I have the necessary entries in
/etc/postfix/alisases and /etc/postfix/virtual. At least I think they're
necessary; I didn't setup mailman. Mail otherwise works great for three
domains.

Mike

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are