[Mailman-Users] two errors causing shunting.

clay at dawning.com.cn clay at dawning.com.cn
Mon May 12 09:31:35 CEST 2003

On Mon, May 12, 2003 at 08:45:22AM +0900, Tokio Kikuchi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sumeet wrote:
> >I have two errors that cause most of my shunting with a stock mailman
> >2.1.2 and Python 2.2.2 both compiled on Red Hat 9 w/ stock 2.4.20-8
> >kernel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks. They are:
> >
> (snip)
> >  File "/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/email/Header.py", line 285, in append
> >    s = s.encode(outcodec, errors)
> >LookupError: unknown encoding: gb2312
I've installed the codecs, and still got similar errors(whenever post
subject includes gb2312 chars) :

May 12 15:17:33 2003 (28321) Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 105, in _oneloop
    self._onefile(msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/Runner.py", line 155, in _onefile
    keepqueued = self._dispose(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 130, in _dispose
    more = self._dopipeline(mlist, msg, msgdata, pipeline)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Queue/IncomingRunner.py", line 153, in _dopipeline
    sys.modules[modname].process(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py", line 75, in process
    prefix_subject(mlist, msg, msgdata)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/CookHeaders.py", line 262, in prefix_subject
    h.append(s, c)
  File "/usr/local/mailman/pythonlib/email/Header.py", line 285, in append
    s = s.encode(outcodec, errors)
LookupError: unknown encoding

Very strangely, the LookupError didn't give the encoding name, like Sumeet's.

Any hint or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

--

Isaac Claymore                  /"\    ASCII Ribbon Campaign
Dawning Inc.                    \ /    Respect for open standards