[Mailman-Users] HELP!!! Removing WebArchive Messages?

Mike Avery mavery at mail.otherwhen.com
Wed May 14 16:55:33 CEST 2003

On 14 May 2003 at 21:54, Heath Raftery wrote:

> Then just run ~/bin/arch --wipe your-list. Allowing clients to do
> that? I'm not sure.

It depends on your environment.... if you're in a hobby environment with friends you
trust, sure... let 'em delete messages and have fun.

In a business environment, you could be in a world of hurt.  When a luser craters a
critical system, it's the system admin's tail on the line.

When a luser wipes a message in a mailing list that needs to be preserved for
accountability (S.E.C. etc) reasons, it could cost the company millions.

I think in most business environments, the answer is "no, we don't want employees re-
writing the corporate history".

Mike