[Mailman-Users] stipping off html

Rod Neep rkpn at british-genealogy.com
Fri May 16 23:57:00 CEST 2003

In message
<OF566A5981.7E5964FB-ON85256D28.0075CB50-85256D28.0076EECB at ccianet.org>,
Gabe N. Rubin <GRubin at ccianet.org> writes
>Is there a way, with the latest mailman, to have it auto-strip out html? I
>read the faqs and it discussed using procmail for older versions but said
>that it was pretty much integrated in the latest.  How do I do this?  I
>know nothing about procmail and would prefer not to have to learn.
>
>Thanks,
>Gabe

Absolutely.... And simplicity itself.
(Mailman 2.2.1)

Go to "Content Filtering"

1.
Set the option:
Should Mailman filter the content of list traffic according to the
settings below?
To YES

2.
In the next section:
Remove message attachments that don't have a matching content type.
Leave this field blank to skip this filter test.
Add the following lines:
multipart/mixed
multipart/alternative
text/plain

3.
and the section:
Should Mailman convert text/html parts to plain text? This conversion
happens after MIME attachments have been stripped.
Set to YES

(That last one is dependent upon #1 being set to YES.)

That's it. No more HTML posts.... they all get converted to plain text,
and as a bonus, so do the archives.

Regards
Rod
--