[Mailman-Users] Solved: Problem with admin pages in non standard http port

René Berber rberber at legosoft.com.mx
Mon May 26 21:03:54 CEST 2003

On 2003-05-23 20:20:16 -0500 René Berber <rberber at legosoft.com.mx> wrote:

> I'm starting to use Mailman and my installation is on a machine that already
> has port 80 in use by another application (WebLogic), so I did: ./configure
> --with-urlhost=myhost:81
>
> It didn't work, I can access the http://myhost:81/mailman/create page, fill
> the form and when I hit the Create button the request goes to myhost and I
> get a "Connection was refused ..." (which is what the other application
> responds.)
>
> Is there a configuration option to get mailman working on a specific port?

I found a solution to my problem, I added the following to mm_config.py :

DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'myhost'
DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:81/mailman/'

This is weird, it never worked with DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'myhost:81', I had to change the second parameter.  Seems like the first parameter gets parsed and the port is discarded.
--
René Berber