[Mailman-Users] Moderator/Owner Email Address Incorrect After Upgrade

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue May 27 15:57:32 CEST 2003

On Tue, 2003-05-27 at 01:25, Frederic Herman wrote:
> I have just upgraded to MM 2.1 Via a RedHat RPM as part of an OS upgrade
> to RedHat 9.0.  The upgrade hosed my MM installation, and I have been
> able to fix everything, including the wrapper name change, the command
> aliases, the use of a daemon which wasn't used before,etc.
>
> One remaining problem is that the moderator and owner email addresses
> used for the page footer and the notifications are now
> <listname>-owner@<hostname> rather than the email addresses that I have
> set in the Gnereal Settings page.  I have searched archives and tried to
> hack my way through the files to no avail.  Since the rpm upgrade
> apparently does the ./configure, I can't and don't want to try to use a
> non-RPM copy to try to fix it, because I will likely do more damage.
>
> What do I need to do to get the actual email addresses to be usedd for
> the "run by" footer address and the moderator notifications?

First of all, the alias <listname>-owner will send mail to the list of
admins that you have on the General Options page.  The aliases for
"admin" and "owner" should be setup as:

test1-admin:   "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman admin test1"
test1-owner:   "|/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman owner test1"

Once these are setup in your aliases files, then the mail will go to the
proper folks.

If (for aesthetic reasons) you want the actual email addresses of the
folks displayed, they you can edit the footer and delete the standard
Mailman blather and replace it with your own text.

Hope that is helpful - Jon Carnes