[Mailman-Users] Excessive cpu usage

Josep L. Guallar-Esteve guallar at easternrad.com
Wed May 28 15:46:01 CEST 2003

On Wednesday 28 May 2003 09:24 am, Arnar Birgisson wrote:
> Hello

Hi

> I'm running mailman 2.1 on a linux machine. My problem is that the
> mailman qrunner daemon constantly consumes 65-95% of cpu time. Nothing
> shows up in the logs while this goes on. Any ideas of how to locate the
> fault?

The problem might be the message size. Mailman parses all the messages with
python,who is a little unefficient.

For example, on my mailman machine, messages of size=300 KB required 300 MB of
RAM for processing... and used up (+90%) the CPU (P-III-Xeon-550).

In my case, the solution was to reduce the message size,

> Arnar

Josep
--
Josep L. Guallar-Esteve		Eastern Radiologists, Inc.
Systems and Network Administration  http://www.easternrad.com