[Mailman-Users] Excessive cpu usage

Tom Eastep teastep at shorewall.net
Wed May 28 17:50:35 CEST 2003

On Wed, 28 May 2003 14:33:05 +0000, Arnar Birgisson <ArnarB at oddi.is> wrote:

> Hi there..
> I verified this.. the MTA seems to be configured correctly. Since
> switching to Exim recently, mailman lists have worked as they should.
> As I mentioned earlier, some files are constantly being created in the
> out queue directory. I wasn't right when I said earlier that there was
> no traffic, apparently there is one message in the out queue, according
> to the contents of those files.
> What makes me unable to diagnose the problem however is that nothing
> shows up in neither the mailman log files nor exim's log files.

I had a similar problem after a recent MTA reconfiguration. I traced it to 
the fact that the my MTA was no longer listening on the port that I has 
specified with the SMTPPORT variable. Once I set SMTPPORT correctly, 
qrunner CPU utilization returned to normal and list posts were delivered.

Tom Eastep    \ Shorewall - iptables made easy
Shoreline,     \ http://www.shorewall.net
Washington USA  \ teastep at shorewall.net

More information about the Mailman-Users mailing list