[Mailman-Users] Re: Solved: Problem with admin pages in non standard http port

Richard Barrett r.barrett at openinfo.co.uk
Wed May 28 22:13:40 CEST 2003

At 20:06 28/05/2003, René Berber wrote:
>On 2003-05-26 14:03:54 -0500 René Berber <rberber at legosoft.com.mx> wrote:
>
>[snip]
> >> Is there a configuration option to get mailman working on a specific port?
> >
> > I found a solution to my problem, I added the following to mm_config.py :
> >
> > DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'myhost'
> > DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN = 'http://%s:81/mailman/'
>
>It was almost solved, I also had to change:
>
>PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL = 'http://%(hostname)s:81/pipermail/%(listname)s'
>
> > This is weird, it never worked with DEFAULT_URL_HOST = 'myhost:81', I
> had to
> > change the second parameter.  Seems like the first parameter gets
> parsed and
> > the port is discarded.
>
>It looks like a bug in version 2.1.2, the change should be in only one
>place and the port should not be discarded.

No it is not a bug, it is a feature.

DEFAULT_URL_HOST defines a host, not a host and a port on that host.

DEFAULT_URL_PATTERN and PUBLIC_ARCHIVE_URL define partial URLs, parts of
which are a scheme, a placeholder for a hostname, optionally a port, and
the start of a URI.

These two parameters allow flexibility in defining the form of URLs used by
Mailman which can be adjusted to match what you choose to assign in the
Alias and ScriptAlias related directives in your Apache server's httpd.conf