[Mailman-Users] Archive link only gives /pipermail/

Vince LaMonica vjl at soceco.uci.edu
Thu May 29 20:27:08 CEST 2003

On Thu, 15 May 2003, Fran Lawas-Grodek wrote:

} I am also experiencing the same problem that Chris reported on
} May 6, 2003:
} "I've upgraded my old 2.0.13 list to 2.1.1 from Debin/testing.
} All is working fine except that the link to the archives is
} just "/pipermail/". Shouldn't this be "/pipermail/list/"? "

I too am having this problem. I upgraded from 2.1.1 to 2.1.2 and my public
archives have the link "/archive/" instead of "/archive/list/". When
manually typing the right URL in, the page comes up, so I know the
index.html file is being genrated. Private archives are ok too - this is
just happening on the public archives.

Heh...I just now noticed this on another MailMan server I run that went
from 2.0.13 to 2.1.1 a while back [only one public list, with only 3
messages in the archive, so i completely forgot about checking it until

In both cases, visiting http://www.foo.bar/archive/list/ manually works
fine, but the link from the admin page and the listinfo page both lead to

Any tips on what to try?

Vince LaMonica               UC Irvine,  School  of  Social Ecology
 W3 Developer       <*>      116 Social Ecology I, Irvine, CA 92697
 vjl at uci.edu                  http://www.seweb.uci.edu/techsupport

          A)bort, R)etry, I)nfluence with large hammer.