[Mailman-Users] DNS/Sendmail issue upon install

colleen at sdo.net colleen at sdo.net
Fri May 30 04:02:31 CEST 2003

Hi folks --

thanks so far for your input::

--I have followed the FAQ and I am still getting this error:

The original message was received at Thu, 29 May 2003 18:55:38 -0700
from apache at localhost

"|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
    (reason: 1)
    (expanded from: <test at subamerica.com>)

Mailman error: post got bad listname: test
554 5.3.0 unknown mailer error 1

I am using mailman-2.0 with Redhat7.3.

-- I have checked permissions and have no problems.
-- Here is what is in my alias file:

#REDSTONE (RLTA)
mailman: colleen, sysadmin
mailman-owner: mailman

#MAILING LISTS
#test3 mailing list
## created 29-May-2003 root
test:           "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper post test"
test-admin:     "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailowner test"
test-request:  "|/home/mailman/mail/wrapper mailcmd test"
test-owner:    test-admin

I ran newaliases after setting this up

--I made an attempt at setting up the virtualusertable, but decided to get
it to run on the general host (subamerica.com) before concerning myself
witht this)

What am I missing?????

Thanks!
Colleen