[Mailman-Users] Adjusting the welcome message

Lee Stevens LSTEVENS at nwtel.ca
Sat May 31 00:22:39 CEST 2003

Hello all,

First off thanks to those that have assisted me in my other 2 posts.  I
have appreciated it.

I have been setting up an announce only list and have not been able to
adjust the welcome message as it states in the faq...

How to create a customized welcome message that avoids mentioning how
to post to the list:
  In Mailman 2.1.x you can customize the welcome message.  Create  a
directory lists/<yourlist>/en (assuming English :) and copy
templates/subscribeack.txt to this directory.  Then edit this file   for
your specific wording.  Mailman will use this specialized   template for
the English welcome messages.Somehow it does not want to use this
welcome message that I have written.  AnyIdeas? Thanks in advance, Lee