[Mailman-Users] Fw: Can't Subscribe To My List

Simon White simon at caperet.com
Tue Nov 4 09:40:32 CET 2003

03-Nov-03 at 16:51, Rejean Proulx (rejp at rogers.com) wrote :
>  I just installed mailman and set up a mailing list.  When I try to
>  send a subscribe message locally, here is what I get.  What have I
>  forgotten to do?
>
>  The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
>  rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
>  'blindetext-request at interfree.ca'. Subject '', Account: 'rejean',
>  Server: 'interfree.ca', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '451 Cannot
>  check <blindetext-request at interfree.ca> at this time - please try
>  later', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 451, Error Number:
>  0x800CCC79

That's your server rejecting the message... not Mailman, but the MTA
(Exim? procmail?)

This looked similar to your problem, but I'm guessing here

http://www.exim.org/pipermail/exim-users/Week-of-Mon-20000522/018288.html

Regards,

--
Simon White. Internet Consultant, Linux/Windows Server Administration.
email, dns and web servers; php javascript perl asp; MySQL MSSQL Access