[Mailman-Users] https

Pablo Chamorro C. pchamorro at ingeomin.gov.co
Fri Nov 7 16:12:30 CET 2003

I think you should consider do both, regenerate the archives and also
enforce the https conections.  Another idea is, if it's suitable for your
users, is to install a browser like Firebird or another that doesn't show
annoying messages like the ones you mention.  By the way, the "saving web
forms" of my browser has came up helpful when the Mailman authentication
is required.

On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Paolo De Riso wrote:

> Leaving the list archive as it is and using Apache module mod_rewrite
> was my first try.
> I used exactly the same rules the you have suggested.
> But it seems not work completely. I can't modify some settings in the
> administration page of the lists. Nevertheless if I didn't care about the
> internal link in http, the continuous jumping from http to https and viceversa
> produce (to the user) all that boring (in some case) window messages
> "you are leaving secure connection".
>
> In your case does it happen nothing about that?

I don't think so, but I'm not completely sure because I've been just
testing with my lists and I haven't paid too much attention.  Maybe the
good is my browser ;)

Pablo