[Mailman-Users] inexplicable UnicodeError

Pablo Chamorro C. pchamorro at ingeomin.gov.co
Fri Nov 7 17:30:15 CET 2003

Given my circunstances I tried including these lines from Mailman 2.1.3:

        # Encode any unicode strings into the list charset, so we don't try to
        # join unicode strings and invalid ASCII.
        charset = Utils.GetCharSet(self.mlist.preferred_language)
        encoded_resp = []
        for item in resp:
            if isinstance(item, UnicodeType):
                item = item.encode(charset, 'replace')
            encoded_resp.append(item)
        results = MIMEText(NL.join(encoded_resp), _charset=charset)

and commenting these:

#        results = MIMEText(
#            NL.join(resp),
#              _charset=Utils.GetCharSet(self.mlist.preferred_language))

and (in spite of my ignorance) it seems it works!

Pablo