[Mailman-Users] Mailman and Sendmail 8.12.8

Zaw Min friendly_43210 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 01:07:06 CET 2003

I am running Mailman 2.1.2 on Redhat 9 with Sendmail 8.12.8. Server is P4  2.0GHz with 512MB memory and running pdnsd (DNS proxy) on it.  The problem is mail delivery is so slow. Mail delivery is like 1000 mails per  hour. There are almost 5,000 members and it tooks more than 4 hours to deliver all the mails.   Is there anything i need to tweak in Mailman ? I changed the Max Rcpt to 500(default) to 100. I think problem is with Sendmail ..if I check the queue all the email addr are listed there waiting to be delivered.  Any of you come across any fix or tweak for this ? Any info will be really helpful.

Thanks in advance,

Zaw Min