[Mailman-Users] Bad dates set to today's date in archives

Paul H Byerly paul at thcwd.com
Mon Nov 10 00:45:28 CET 2003

      I am moving the archives of some YahooGroups to Mailman.  When I run
bin/arch it works fine, except when it hits posts with a bad date.  All
files sent to a list by Yahoo's internal mailers (reminders, polls, file
notifications) have improper dates:

 From xxx at yahoogroups.com Tue May 15 20:47:08 2001
Date: 16 May 2001 03:47:02 -0000

      The problem is the lack of the three letter day code in the date sent
by the Yahoo mailer. All posts like this end up with the current date on
the server, putting all these posts at the end of the archive index.  On a
couple of lists with relatively few of these I either deleted the post or
fixed the date (both of which work) but I now have a list with almost 1000
of these things!

      I've been trying to figure out how to rewrite the code so a message
with an invalid date gets something that would put the posts at the
beginning of the archive index.  I'm guessing this will take a rewrite of
HyperArch, but I've been unable to find the code that "corrects" a date.

      Any ideas, hints, or code greatly appreciated!

<>< Paul