[Mailman-Users] problem with cron/nightly_gzip

Pablo Chamorro C. pchamorro at ingeomin.gov.co
Mon Nov 10 01:38:42 CET 2003

It would seem that this command weren't working so well for me, although
something is doing.  With the verbose option I get:

[root]# cron/nightly_gzip -v
Processing list: mailman
Processing list: prueba

I was editing that script and I got some txt files compressed, so it seems
that works (I have zlib, and gzip) but I think I don't understand
completely how it process the archives, and what files are processed?
(mbox, txt?).  Could you please help me?  I'm using MhonArc for the web
archival. For example I have these files:

archives/private/prueba.mbox/
archives/private/prueba.mbox/prueba.mbox
archives/private/prueba/
archives/private/prueba/index.html
archives/private/prueba/msg00000.html
archives/private/prueba/msg00001.html
archives/private/prueba/attachments
archives/private/prueba/attachments/20031030
etc.

For testing purposes, I setup some lists for daily archival.

Thanks,

Pablo Chamorro C.