[Mailman-Users] SuSE 8.2 rpm 2.1.1-91

Chris Herrnberger chris123 at magma.ca
Fri Nov 14 00:02:21 CET 2003

Greetings;

Sorry to pester with this error message, but using the SuSE supplied rpm and
setting /etc/sysconfig/mailman as follows

SuSE Defaults
----------------------------
MAILMAN_MAIL_GID="65534"
MAILMAN_CGI_GID="65534"

now /etc/mailman.cgi-gid reads "65534

I still get the 'failure to execute cgi-error" WANTED gid 65534, GOT gid
55534.

Is there anywhere else on a SuSE sytem that I can rest this value other then
as a command line arguement durring compile? Since I dont see many complaints
on the list archive on this, it seems to me it must be user error. Sorry new
to setting this up.

I did find this reference and the changes made but its not directly related to
the above error message:
http://www.mail-archive.com/mailman-users@python.org/msg19718.html

tks

/ch