[Mailman-Users] wrapper script run as nogroup

Jeremy Gilbert zhq9eva02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Nov 24 18:09:52 CET 2003

I'm having a hell of a time getting this working, but I keep
coming back to this problem.  I get this back whenever I send
e-mail to a list address.

<test at xxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com>: Command died with status 2:
    "/usr/local/mailman/mail/mailman post test". Command output:
Group mismatch
    error.  Mailman expected the mail wrapper script to be
executed as group
    "mailman", but the system's mail server executed the mail
script as group
    "nogroup".  Try tweaking the mail server to run the script as
group
    "mailman", or re-run configure,  providing the command line
option
    `--with-mail-gid=nogroup'.

This has probably been answered before, but the only answer I
could find in the archives related to changing the
--with-mail-gid=nogroup in the configure script.  This only
creates more problems for me, so I'd like to change Postfix to run
the wrapper as gid mailman.  However, I can't find how to do this.
I've followed all the instructions in INSTALL, README and
README.POSTFIX, but I'm obviously still missing something.

Thanks,
Jeremy Gilbert
zhq9eva02 at sneakemail.com