[Mailman-Users] permission denied on archive

Brian Craft bcboy at thecraftstudio.com
Wed Nov 26 08:15:29 CET 2003

I just went through the INSTALL doc and set up the /pipermail/ alias.
The archive links now give me a permission denied error.

The permissions on the directories are as shown:

drwxrws---    6 root     list         4096 Nov 25 18:05 private
drwxrwsr-x    2 root     list         4096 Nov 25 18:05 public

Is this correct? If I add "other" read & execute to the "private"
directory, then the archive links works. But I doubt that's the
right solution.

I don't really understand this private/public directory business and the
symbolic links between them. Can someone explain what the goal is?

b.c.