[Mailman-Users] Sobig forces unsubscribes

Rob Carlson rob at vees.net
Wed Sep 3 01:04:19 CEST 2003

My list owners are getting Sobig files bounced to them through the
administrative addresses.  One of their ISPs has decided to reject
those relayed messages with a 550 User Unknown because they contain
Sobig.  The mailman-owner gets this bounce back and kicks them off all
the lists.  She's asked her admins to change it to a 554 Service
Unavailable bounce, but I'm not even sure that will make a difference
if my machine keeps trying to send them.  Is there a simple way I
haven't thought of to strip out the Sobig posts to the list owners?

--
Rob Carlson  rob at vees.net  http://vees.net/