[Mailman-Users] Subscribers can't subscribe

Tom Hanna tph3 at cornell.edu
Wed Sep 3 01:17:51 CEST 2003

This is a newbie question, fersher.
Last week, on the foobah list I manage, people signed up just fine.
This week, all sign-ups go to bit heaven.  When one tries to sign up,
one is notifiewd:

Your subscription request has been received, and will soon be acted
upon. Depending on the configuration of this mailing list, your
subscription request may have to be first confirmed by you via email,
or approved by the list moderator. If confirmation is required, you
will soon get a confirmation email which contains further

When I subscribe thew same person via admin tools, the result is
"Successfully subscribed:
bozo at anyplace.com

But that goes to bit heaven as well...

So I went in and tried other lists -- with a safe addresss -- an low
and behold -- all subscriptions -- "subscriber" or "admin" go to bit

any guidance?