[Mailman-Users] Membership List - Listing All

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Fri Sep 5 04:59:05 CEST 2003

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 22:11, Kenneth Jacker wrote:
> (Mailman-2.1b3+)
>
> I must be really stupid!  Though I've used regexprs for years, I can't
> seem to create one that will show *all* members.  I thought that ".*"
> would work, but it doesn't.
>
> Why do I need to use this in the "Find Member" entry box?
>
> For some reason, sometimes I go to the membership page and see only
> one member.  Why I don't know (I haven't explicitly requested a
> sub-set).  So, I'm trying to get the entire list displayed again.
>
> I searched the WWW, but I didn't find :-(
>
> Thanks for any help,

Not to be obtuse, but maybe you should use the command line and the
Mailman tool: list_members.

Also, You can configure your lists to show more than the standard 30
members per web page (in the membership management area of the
web-admin).  Change the value in ~mailman/Mailman/Defaults.py by copying
it to mm_cfg.py and then changing it to whatever you like.  I normally
set it to:
  DEFAULT_ADMIN_MEMBER_CHUNKSIZE = 100

Good luck.  I hope you find what your looking for.

BTW: the Web-admin help has a really nice section on regular expressions
as used by Python - very illuminating.

Jon Carnes