[Mailman-Users] Relaying denied

Sylvain Langlade slanglade at adv-informatique.fr
Fri Sep 5 12:24:45 CEST 2003

> Canonical name: vanuatu.eos.elro
>         a.k.a.: vanuatu
>  UUCP nodename: vanuatu
>         a.k.a.: [172.16.7.37]
>         a.k.a.: [127.0.0.1]
>
> ============ SYSTEM IDENTITY (after readcf) ============
>       (short domain name) $w = vanuatu
>   (canonical domain name) $j = vanuatu.eos.elro
>          (subdomain name) $m = eos.elro
>               (node name) $k = vanuatu

I don't know how you do that on a Sun system, but to me you just have to
change your network settings (machine name, domain name and so on) to
reflect your DNS changes. And you may have to change your mailman aliases
accordingly. If you're lucky nothing is redefined in the Sendmail conf files
and this should clear things up.

HTH