[Mailman-Users] implementing real virtual domain support to mailman

Klavs Klavsen kl at vsen.dk
Fri Sep 5 13:46:49 CEST 2003

On fre, 2003-09-05 at 13:41, Klavs Klavsen wrote:
> Hi guys,
>
> I'm new to mailman, but I can see that it does't support real virtual
> domains, because it stores all lists as lists/listname - instead of
> lists/listname at virtualdomain.tld
>
> I was thinking that support for this could easily be added by
> manipulating this variable:
>
> LIST_DATA_DIR   = os.path.join(VAR_PREFIX, 'lists')
>
> it could be done, so each virtualdomain would have their own
> lists-folder - and every occurence of VAR_PREFIX in the code, would then
> just be replaced with VAR_PREFIX . VAR_VIRT (or some variable name,
> indicating the virtualdomainname requested) - and the lists folder would
> be lists-virtualdomainname for everything except for the main address,
> where VAR_VIRT would ofcourse be empty.

Ofcourse, the same VAR_VIRT would have to be added to mailbox/maildir
names, and perhaps other places too? I'm looking forward to your
(hopefully) positive feedback.

I could also just add whatever VAR contains the virtualdomainname mailman is working on, to
where ever the LIST_DATA_DIR and mbox/maildir variable's are used.
--
Regards,
Klavs Klavsen, GSEC - kl at vsen.dk - http://www.vsen.dk

Working with Unix is like wrestling a worthy opponent.
Working with windows is like attacking a small whining child
who is carrying a .38.