[Mailman-Users] Mailman 2.1.2 and htdig again.

Glenn Sieb ges+lists at wingfoot.org
Mon Sep 8 01:45:06 CEST 2003

Richard Barrett wrote:
> Sorry not to respond before but I just got back from a week away and
found your post to mailman-users list.

Hey it's all good :) I only just posted it anyway :)--I hope your week
away was good. It's nice to be able to take some time off and relax now
again!

> As you look to be using https scheme for accessing your list archives, I
think you have tripped over a problem that htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch already
fixes. The INSTALL.htdig-mm for that version of the patch says:

Sure enough, the pages you pointed me to were the fix to the problem.. I
re-extracted the bare mailman-2.1.2 source, and patched in this order:

patch -p1 < ../templates-2.1.2-0.1.patch
patch -p1 < ../tcache-2.1.2-0.3.patch
patch -p1 < ../tz-2.1.2-0.2.patch
patch -p1 < ../indexing-2.1.2-0.1.patch
patch -p1 < ../htdig-2.1.2-0.4.patch

did ./configure, then make install and voila! it's all working again :)

Thanks so much for your help, as always, Richard! :)

B*B
G.
---
The original portions of this message are the copyright of the author
(c)1998-2002 Glenn E. Sieb.    ICQ UIN: 300395    IRC Nick: Rainbear "All
acts of Love and Pleasure are Her rituals"-Charge of the Goddess