[Mailman-Users] created a list, but don't get any emails

Concordia Chen concordia at aldea.com
Tue Sep 9 01:21:36 CEST 2003

OS: Redhat enterprise (7.2)

Mailman: 2.1.2

MTA:Sendmail

Hi,

I'm a total newbie with Mailman and I can't figure out the problem I'm
having. I've been pulling my hair out trying to figure this out all day.
I just installed Mailman 2.1.2 and created a new list via the web
interface. But when I try to add a new subscriber (me) using the web or
bin/add_members, the confirmation/welcome message isn't sent. And I
can't send messages to the list either. Nothing happens. Is it a
Sendmail issue?

I've read and tried the steps in the troubleshooting section 3.1.4 about
emails not going to the lists, but I still have the same problem. The
only thing I can see is that when I grep mailmanctl, the process isn't
showing up even though I've started the daemon.  Another thing is that I
installed Mailman as root which I know the directions said not to do.
Would that be a problem? I couldn't get the permissions to work right
when running configure unless I was root.

Any help is very greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Concordia