[Mailman-Users] mailman crash (Traceback) question - no longer sends to one list

michael dunston mdunston at music.vt.edu
Wed Sep 10 18:58:40 CEST 2003

I am running Mailman 2.1.1 on OSXS 10.2.6.  I has been performing
flawlessly for months and for some reason it has stopped delivery of
mail to a single list.  all of the other lists appear to be working
fine.  There are no stuck lockfiles and traceback message below was sent
out this morning so I suspect there might be a relationship between the
list not delivering mail and this error.  Could this be the result of
some sort of (possibly malformed) 'stuck' message somewhere?  Any
suggestions on where to look for more clues would be appreciated.

> Subject: [Mailman] Cron <mailman at server> /usr/bin/python -S
>   /usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 94, in ?
>     main()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/cron/senddigests", line 86, in main
>     mlist.send_digest_now()
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Digester.py", line 60, in
send_digest_now
>     ToDigest.send_digests(self, mboxfp)
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 123, in
send_digests
>     send_i18n_digests(mlist, mboxfp)
>   File "/usr/local/mailman/Mailman/Handlers/ToDigest.py", line 303, in
send_i18n_digests
>     print >> plainmsg, msg.get_payload(decode=1)
> UnicodeError: ASCII encoding error: ordinal not in range(128)

-- Michael Dunston
-- Music and Technology
-- <http://www.music.vt.edu>
-- Virginia Tech School of the Arts