[Mailman-Users] how I install

Daniel J McDonald djmcdona at io.com
Sun Sep 14 15:42:43 CEST 2003

On Sun, 2003-09-14 at 01:58, Arvinda Agarwal wrote:
> How I install Mailman on my server, can any buddy tell me plz.

I just checked the mailman package when I put Mandrake Linux on my
system.  You can, on a mandrake box, just do:
root# urpmi mailman
and it should go find the latest integrated version and install it,
nicely integrated with postfix.

However, that might not work for you, since your server might be running
some other flavor of Linux, one of the BSD family, a commerical unix
like Solaris, AIX, HP/UX or Tru-64, maybe a nice old VMS box, maybe
Novell, or even some hideous code that sprang unbidden from the depths
of Redmond Washington.  And even if we knew which OS you were running,
we wouldn't know if you were running sendmail, postfix, exim, qmail,
pmdf, groupwise, cc:mail or exchange as your MTA.

Without knowing a bit more about your server, we can't tell you how to
install it.

--
Daniel J McDonald, CCIE #2495
Austin Network Design